ExtraGive Beacon's Toolkit
Our community’s local businesses provide Lancaster County with so many services, comforts, and cultural experiences, and the is no exception! This year, we’re thrilled to announce a new, business-focused program with an extraordinary way for local businesses to join in giving, and also help grow their footprint in the community: we’re calling it Beacons.
The Beacons program makes it easy to excite your employees, engage your community, and unite your brand with county’s largest single day of giving by creating your own business page on Extragive.org to tell your story, and share with your community about why you and your employees give EXTRA!
To get started simply:
1. Contact Us to get your own your business and become a Beacon for the local organizations you care about.
2. Set a goal (participation %, amount raised, etc.) and rally your team behind a common cause and be part of something big.
3. Enjoy your free listing on ExtraGive.org as a Business Beacon, and share your page to connect with new customers in the community who share the same passions!
As a part of the Beacons program, you’ll receive exclusive access to social media and email templates you can use to encourage your team to be a part of giving a little extra, at no cost to your company.
Regardless of the size of your company or its donation, your business can help us extend a helping hand to our neighbors.
How can I be successful in spreading philanthropy to my employees and customers? Check out the Business Toolkit below for ideas on running a successful fundraiser. We've supplied marketing resources, communication templates, and ideas around incentives and celebrations to really engage your employees and customers in giving, and how they can further spread your message to their networks.
Interested in learning more about ExtraGive and the value to your business? Contact email@example.com.
How do I run a successful fundraiser for my business?
The number one recommendation for running a successful fundraiser for ExtraGive is that you are truly celebrating and encouraging the act of philanthropy - big and small! Here are some tips, tricks, and ideas on how to encourage you employees and your customers to rally around philanthropy, and the single largest fundraiser in the your community community!
What incentives can I offer or celebrations can I plan to my employees or customers?
As you hit your giving day milestones or to just celebrate the giving spirit of ExtraGive, plan some fun and excitement in at your business or office on November 18. We have some ideas below, but the sky's the limit in how you can engage your employees and customers, and encourage philanthropy on ExtraGive!
- Food: Cater a snack break, host a pot luck, or a dessert party to celebrate giving
- Attire: Have a casual dress day so employees can dress to represent the agency or cause they care about
- Advertise: Pass out “I Gave” stickers to employees who gave to celebrate the causes they care about
- Competition: Have a competition between departments to see who can raise the most and offer a prize
- Discounts: If you have a store front, offer a percentage off of an item if they can show they gave (ExtraGive sends out a receipt to each donor for easy access on their phone!).
- Raffle: Offer a raffle, and every time a donor gives if as entry into the raffle.
- Happy Hour: Host a happy hour and invite local nonprofits and your customers to meet and mingle!
Use some of these sample communications below to start spreading the word about your business's involvement in ExtraGive. When sharing on social media, make sure you're always using the official hashtag, ExtraGive to be included in the conversation!
Facebook and Twitter
Facebook is the most popular form of social media to share about participation in giving day - so make sure you're using it leading up to and on November 18! You can use Facebook to share with employees and your customers how you're participating in ExtraGive and amplifying the giving efforts.
- Announce your participation: We are excited to announce our participating in ExtraGive on November 18! Find out why we're participating on our page here: [YOUR BUSINESS LINK] and mark your calendars for November 18 to give to your favorite nonprofit!
- If you're offering a match: Today, our business is focused on improving on community by matching all our employees' gifts made to nonprofits through ExtraGive! There are over [X] number of nonprofits participating to improve the lives of our community members. Find your cause and give today, November 18, at extragive.org.
- If you're offering an incentive to employees or customers: [Business name] is supporting ExtraGive on November 18 and offering a gift basket to any customer that gives today. Stop on in today after you give through extragive.org and show us your receipt to be eligible!
- Celebrate the success you achieved for the day: Wow. We are in awe of the amazing employees and customers we have. Collectively, we were able to raise $X with X donors for the nonprofits participating in ExtraGive. We couldn't do this without all of you, and your amazing support of our community and the nonprofits you all chose to give to on ExtraGive. Thank you.
Share pictures of your business, employees, and customers participating in ExtraGive on Instagram. If your having a dress down day in the office, offering a raffle, or hosting (or encouraging attendance at) an event, share all of these events on Instagram! Make sure you're using the hashtag so people can keep up: ExtraGive!
Social media is a great tool for spreading the word to people that follow you on social media, however, there is no substitute for a direct, targeted email to your employees, customers, or even personal network. Consider sending emails that correspond to your social media activity, as well as direct targeted asks. Here is a sample email to get you thinking on how you want to spread the word!
Subject: Help us support the nonprofits who make this community great! Join [BUSINESS NAME] for ExtraGive
On November 18 businesses and individuals across our your community community will come together to support our local nonprofits during ExtraGive. We are so excited to be part of this exciting giving event as an ExtraGive Beacon to show everyone in the community how philanthropic our employees and customers are.
Haven’t heard about ExtraGive? It is your community's 24-hour giving day supporting the nonprofit agencies who help make our community such a great place to live! [Stats about previous year results]. You can head to extragive.org now to learn more about this amazing giving event.
[IF OFFERING MATCH]: Your donations to local nonprofits at extragive.org will be amplified because we are offering bonus dollars as an incentive to give. [Describe program here i.e. dollar for dollar, up to a certain amount, lump sum to reach goal etc.]
There are so many ways to participate - spread the word about this amazing event, become a fundraiser for your favorite nonprofit, donate on November 18. Make supporting your favorite cause unique to you!
To make sure your gift [is matched / is counted in our business's totals], follow these steps:
- Find your favorite nonprofit! Visit extragive.org to search hundreds of participating nonprofits in our community.
- Commit to a nonprofit. You can start donating as soon as the site opens on November 18. Remember to select [Business Name] at checkout!
- Spread the word! Let your network know about ExtraGive and who you are supporting. Use the hashtag ExtraGive to be part of the conversation.
For questions about ExtraGive and how you can get involved please visit extragive.org or contact [Business Name].