Skip to main content
- LOCAL PRESENCE CERTIFICATION: The Applicant provides services to Lancaster County Residents and wishes to participate in the "Extraordinary Give" event.
- BOARD CERTIFICATION: The Applicant has an active and responsible governing body, whose members have no material conflict of interest and a majority of whom serve without compensation.
- NON-DECEPTIVE PRACTICES: The Applicant conducts publicity and promotional activities based upon its actual program and operations, and that these activities are truthful and non-deceptive, include all material facts, and make no exaggerated or mislead.
- IRS 990: Unless exempt from doing so, the Applicant prepares and timely submits to the IRS a complete and accurate IRS Form 990. The Foundation will verify the submission or exemption from submission requirements on Guidestar.
- AS A CONDITION to participating in this program, the Applicant acknowledges understanding of and agreement to the following guidelines as set forth by the Foundation (an Applicant that is accepted by the Foundation is hereinafter referred to as a "Participant"): The Foundation is assessing NO fees itself to provide this program to the Participant and is the largest funder of the ExtraGive. In compliance with regulations governing Community Foundations, the Foundation retains variance power over all gifts.
- The Foundation will be using GiveGab as its technology partner for the ExtraGive. GiveGab is a recognized technology leader for match fundraising programs. There will be a fee of 4.99% per donation assessed to cover credit card provider charges, technology platform, and processing fees. Credit card transactions are secure, backed by a PCI Level 1 secure service provider certification. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Foundation is making no representations or warranties as to the security of any credit card transactions.
- The Participant will receive a proportional share of a challenge stretch pool of funds (combined stretch + prizes) granted by the Foundation. The proportional share (excluding prizes) will be based on the total number of unique donors an organization attracts in relation to number of unique donors across all participating organizations.
- The ExtraGive is an online only fundraising event. In order for donations to be counted for the event, donations MUST be made by credit card through the Extragive.org website to the Foundation and designated to the Participant between the hours of 12:00am to 11:59pm November 18, 2022. Donations made or committed at any other time and/or by any other method (with the exception of the Offline or Sponsor Match process - see FAQs) will not be counted for purposes of the stretch pool or prizes.
- The Participant should promote the event to its donors through methods of its choosing and may take advantage of the Foundation’s promotional and marketing materials that are made available. Any paid promotional methods utilized by the Participant are solely at Participant's discretion and expense.
- The Foundation will, at its discretion, promote the Extraordinary Give through its media partners and various websites and provide social media marketing kits and training to Participants. Participants will be entitled to an organization donation page and link to the page for use on event day. The Participant is responsible for providing description and organizational logo for use on personal donation page.
- Within 60 days of event close, the Foundation will provide the Participant with payment in the amount of total donations received on behalf of the Participant net of credit card transaction, technology platform use, and processing fees plus the Participant's share of the prorated stretch pool and any prizes (if applicable).
- The Foundation will provide the Participant a link to donor lists that includes contact and amount information for their specific donors. Final payment report and payment will be issued by the Foundation to the Participant via ACH transfer within 60 days of event close. The Participant is responsible for providing the information necessary to make the ACH transfer. Donor information is never given or sold to a third party. Participant organizations are prohibited from donating to their own organization using corporate funds or from a corporation to its own foundation.
- COMPLIANCE: The Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from the event and/or receiving stretch pool dollars at any time before, during, or after the event, if, in its sole discretion, it believes that there has been a breach of these rules and/ or deception on the part of the Participant. In addition, the Foundation will not knowingly make grants
to nonprofits that the Foundation believes, in its sole discretion, intend to
support or engage in hateful activities, whether online or offline.
- EXTRAORDINARY GIVE FISCAL AGENT: The Participant is in compliance with all statutes, executive orders, and rules and regulations restricting or prohibiting U.S. persons from engaging in transactions and dealings with countries, entities, or individuals subject to economic sanctions administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- INDEMNIFICATION: The Participant, for itself and its successors and assigns, hereby agrees to indemnify and holds harmless the Foundation, the Extraordinary Give program, its affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, and their heirs, successors, and assigns, jointly and severally, from any claims for any loss, injury, liability, action, cost, expense, or damage, including but not limited to attorneys' fees, arising out of or relating to participating in Extraordinary Give, including but not limited to any alleged non-performance or negligence of the Foundation. This disclaimer extends, applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated, and unsuspected loss, injury, liability, action, cost, expense, or damage and the consequences thereof, as well as those now disclosed and known to exist.
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE: This authority also extends to coordination of participation efforts and use of public content from this organization’s websites for marketing purposes. It is further understood and agreed that said participation in Extraordinary Give is not to be construed as an admission of any liability and/or acceptance of assumption of responsibility by Lancaster County Community Foundation and its affiliates, officers, board, and employees, jointly and severally, or for any damages and expenses for which the Foundation and its affiliates, officers, board, and employees become liable as a result of any alleged act of an Extraordinary Give participant. THE FOUNDATION MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE SUCCESS OF THE EXTRAORDINARY GIVE PROGRAM OR OF ANY INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT AND IN NO WAY, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, GUARANTEES ANY RESULTS OR THE AMOUNT OF DONATIONS.
- CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE: The Participant covenants to submit a Certificate of Insurance to the Foundation prior to hosting any public event related to fundraising around Extraordinary Give. The Certificate of Insurance must name the Foundation as additional insured. Participant must comply with current PA state and CDC guidelines for any public events. Submit certificates to email@example.com.
- Participant must have had an independent financial review or audit completed after 12/31/19. You can view our audit policy here.
- Participant must have a nondiscrimination policy as is consistent with its legal requirements.